Mimosas are a classic brunch cocktail, but have you ever tried a blood orange mimosa? This twist on the original adds a beautiful pink color and a tangy flavor that's sure to impress your guests.
Growing up, my family always had Sunday brunch together. My mom would make pancakes, bacon, and eggs, and we would sip on orange juice while catching up on the week's events. As an adult, I love continuing this tradition with my friends and trying out new brunch recipes. This blood orange mimosa has become a favorite among my friends and family and is always a hit at any brunch gathering.
- 1 bottle of champagne or prosecco
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed blood orange juice (about 4-5 blood oranges)
- 1/4 cup of triple sec
- 1/4 cup of simple syrup
- Blood orange slices, for garnish
Note: If you can't find blood oranges, you can substitute regular oranges or even grapefruit for a different flavor twist.
- In a large pitcher, combine the blood orange juice, triple sec, and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in the champagne or prosecco, stirring gently to combine.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness with more simple syrup if needed.
- Divide the mimosa mixture into glasses and garnish with a blood orange slice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This blood orange mimosa is perfect for any brunch occasion, from a casual weekend get together to a formal bridal shower or baby shower. Pair it with classic brunch dishes like scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast or go all out with a brunch charcuterie board. The bright pink color also makes it a fun cocktail for Valentine's Day or a summer garden party. Cheers!