Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas is a delicious, vegetarian dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it a great option for those seeking a healthy and hearty meal.
Growing up, my family always had enchiladas for special occasions. It was a tradition that we all looked forward to, and we would spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking together. My mom would make the traditional beef or chicken enchiladas, but as I've grown older, I've started experimenting with different ingredients. These Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas are now a favorite in my household, and I hope they become a tradition in yours too.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a baking dish, toss the sweet potato with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a bowl, mix together the roasted sweet potato, black beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of the sweet potato and black bean mixture down the center of each corn tortilla. Roll up tightly and place seam-side down in a greased baking dish.
- Pour any remaining sweet potato and black bean mixture over the enchiladas and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
These Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas are great for a cozy night in or for entertaining guests. They are perfect for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Serve with a side of Spanish rice and a refreshing margarita for the ultimate Mexican-inspired meal.
You must log in to post a comment.