Beef Stir Fry
Beef Stir Fry is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. It's a delicious combination of thinly sliced beef, colorful vegetables, and a savory sauce. This recipe is versatile, and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Growing up, my family would always order Beef Stir Fry when we went out for Chinese food. It was always a treat, and we loved the combination of flavors and textures. Now that I'm an adult, I love making this dish at home for my family. It's a great way to get my kids to eat their veggies, and it's always a hit with everyone.
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and water. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the thinly sliced flank steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the sliced peppers and onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Return the beef to the skillet and pour the sauce over the top. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the beef is cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite rice or noodles.
Beef Stir Fry is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. It's also a great dish to make ahead for meal prep. You can serve it with rice or noodles, or add some extra veggies for a healthier option. This dish is also great for entertaining, as you can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.