Beef enchiladas are a classic Mexican dish that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. This hearty dish is made with tender seasoned beef, warm tortillas, and a flavorful homemade enchilada sauce that will have your taste buds dancing.
A Personal Story
Growing up, my family always loved Mexican food, and beef enchiladas were a favorite. My mom would make a big batch and we would enjoy it for dinner and then have leftovers for lunch the next day. It was a dish that brought us all together and created memories that I still cherish today. Now, I make it for my own family and we all love it just as much.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, chili powder, paprika, green chilies, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon a small amount of the beef mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side down in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the remaining beef mixture over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Beef enchiladas are great for family dinners, potlucks, or any occasion where you want to serve a crowd-pleasing dish. Serve with a side of rice, beans, and a fresh salad for a complete meal. Don't forget to top with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, or salsa. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.