Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a classic Chinese dish that has become popular all over the world. It's a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. The dish is made with tender beef, crisp broccoli, and a flavorful sauce that is both sweet and savory.
A Personal Story
I first tasted Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry when I was studying abroad in China. I was instantly hooked on the dish and would often go to local restaurants just to order it. When I came back to my home country, I was determined to recreate the dish in my own kitchen. After several attempts, I finally found the perfect combination of ingredients and cooking techniques to make the dish just as delicious as the one I had in China.
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced thinly
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the sliced beef with cornstarch until coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the sliced beef to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add broccoli florets to the skillet and stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir to coat the beef and broccoli.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens and the beef is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot over rice.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a versatile dish that can be served on its own or with a side of steamed rice. It's a great dish for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. You can also add other vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, or mushrooms to the stir fry for a more colorful and flavorful dish. Enjoy!