Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread is one of those classic comfort foods that is easy to make and always hits the spot. This recipe is a family favorite, passed down from my grandmother. It's moist, flavorful, and perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
Growing up, my grandmother would always have a loaf of banana bread waiting for us when we came to visit. It was one of her specialties, and I always looked forward to it. When I started baking on my own, I knew I had to have her recipe. Now, it's a staple in my own kitchen, and I love sharing it with friends and family.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas and melted butter.
- Add baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Stir in sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Banana bread is perfect for breakfast, a midday snack, or dessert. Serve it warm with a pat of butter or cream cheese spread on top. It's also great with a cup of coffee or tea. This recipe is a great way to use up ripe bananas, and it's always a crowd-pleaser.
You must log in to post a comment.