Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze
Ham is a classic holiday dish that many families look forward to every year. This Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze recipe is a must-try for any ham lover. The ham is baked to perfection, tender and juicy, and the brown sugar glaze adds a sweet and savory flavor that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Growing up, my family always had ham for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It was a tradition that we cherished and looked forward to every year. When I moved away from home, I wanted to continue this tradition and started making my own ham for the holidays. This Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze recipe has become a favorite among my family and friends, and I love sharing it with others.
- 1 (8-10 lb) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and place it in a large baking dish.
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, honey, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Pour half of the glaze over the ham, making sure to get it into the scored cuts.
- Cover the ham with foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and baste it with the remaining glaze.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F and return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham is heated through.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
This Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze is perfect for any holiday gathering or special occasion. Serve it with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, green beans, or roasted carrots. Leftovers can be used to make sandwiches or added to soups and stews. Enjoy!