Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno poppers are a classic appetizer that are often served at parties or gatherings. They are typically stuffed with cream cheese and then fried or baked. For an extra twist, try wrapping them in bacon before cooking! The combination of spicy, creamy, and salty flavors make these poppers a crowd-pleaser.
Growing up, my family would always serve jalapeno poppers at our annual Super Bowl party. It became a tradition that I always looked forward to. As I got older and started hosting my own parties, I decided to put my own spin on the classic recipe by adding bacon. The first time I made them, they were a hit and quickly became a staple at all of my gatherings.
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 12 slices of bacon
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut off the stem of each jalapeno pepper and slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half, filling them evenly.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap each jalapeno half with a piece of bacon. Secure the bacon with toothpicks.
- Place the bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
These bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are perfect as an appetizer for any party or gathering. They also make a great snack for game day or movie night. Serve them with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can substitute the jalapenos for mini sweet peppers. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.