Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
A classic appetizer that's always a crowd-pleaser, bacon-wrapped dates with goat cheese are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. They're easy to make and require only three ingredients, making them a great option for a last-minute party or a quick snack.
A Personal Story
I love to make these bacon-wrapped dates with goat cheese when I'm having friends over for a casual dinner party. They're always a hit, and I've even converted a few people who claimed not to like dates into fans of this dish. The goat cheese adds a creamy tang that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the dates and the smokiness of the bacon.
- 24 Medjool dates, pitted
- 8 oz goat cheese, softened
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Stuff each date with a teaspoon of goat cheese.
- Wrap each stuffed date with half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped dates on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
These bacon-wrapped dates with goat cheese are the perfect appetizer for any occasion, from a casual dinner party to a holiday gathering. They pair well with a variety of wines, from a crisp white to a full-bodied red, and can be served either warm or at room temperature. Arrange them on a platter with some fresh herbs or fruit for a beautiful presentation.
You must log in to post a comment.