Apple Pie Recipe
Apple pie is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for generations. It's a perfect treat for any occasion, from holidays to family gatherings. This recipe is easy to follow and will result in a delicious, warm apple pie that will leave everyone wanting more.
Growing up, my mom always made apple pie during the fall season. The aroma of warm cinnamon and nutmeg filled our home, making it feel cozy and inviting. Every year, we would go apple picking and bring home bags of fresh apples to use in our baking. This recipe has been passed down through generations of my family, and it always reminds me of those happy moments spent in the kitchen with my loved ones.
- 2 pie crusts (homemade or store-bought)
- 8 cups of sliced apples (Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or a blend of both)
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out one pie crust and place it into a 9-inch pie dish. Trim the edges if necessary.
- In a large bowl, mix the sliced apples, granulated sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust, making sure it's evenly distributed.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter them on top of the apple mixture.
- Roll out the second pie crust and place it on top of the apple mixture. Trim the edges and crimp them together with the bottom crust.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the beaten egg on top of the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Allow the pie to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Apple pie is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. It's perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any fall occasion. You can also make it ahead of time and reheat it in the oven before serving. This recipe is a crowd-pleaser and is sure to become a family favorite.
You must log in to post a comment.