5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish loved by many. This recipe is a simplified version of the traditional recipe, using only 5 essential ingredients without compromising the taste. The dish is easy to make, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
I first tried Chicken Parmesan when I visited an Italian restaurant in New York City. It was love at first bite. The crispy chicken with the tangy tomato sauce and melted cheese was a perfect combination. I was determined to make it at home but was intimidated by the long list of ingredients and complicated cooking instructions. Finally, after several trials and errors, I came up with the perfect recipe that is easy to make and tastes just as good as the restaurant's version.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken breasts in breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to make sure they stick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish. Pour the marinara sauce over the chicken.
- Top each chicken breast with shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Chicken Parmesan is best served hot with a side of pasta or a green salad. It's perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a casual dinner party. You can also prepare the dish ahead of time and bake it just before serving. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.