15-Minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Shrimp is one of the easiest and quickest proteins to cook, making it an ideal ingredient for busy weeknights or impromptu dinner parties. This 15-Minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe is a go-to dish for Aimy because it's flavorful, healthy, and can be served on its own or with rice, pasta, or vegetables.
Growing up, Aimy's family would often make shrimp scampi, which is a classic Italian-American dish that features shrimp cooked in garlic and lemon butter sauce. This recipe is a twist on that classic, with a few minor adjustments to make it even easier and quicker to make.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add white wine (or chicken broth) and lemon juice to the skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the skillet to release any browned bits.
- Add butter to the skillet and stir until melted and well combined with the sauce.
- Return shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook for an additional minute until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
This Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a fancy dinner party. Serve it on its own with a side salad or bread for a light meal, or over pasta or rice for a more filling dish. It's also a great appetizer for a cocktail party or a summer barbecue. Pair it with a glass of white wine or a cold beer and enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.