If you're looking for a quick and easy seafood dish, look no further than this 10-minute lemon garlic shrimp recipe. It's perfect for those busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, but still want a delicious and healthy meal.
A Personal Story
I first came up with this recipe when I was in college and didn't have access to a full kitchen. All I had was a small hot plate, so I needed to come up with something that was quick and easy to make, but still tasted great. That's when I came up with this recipe, and I've been making it ever since.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Pour the white wine (or chicken broth) into the skillet and stir to combine with the garlic and oil.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley (if using).
This lemon garlic shrimp recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner, but it's also great for entertaining. Serve it over pasta or rice for a more filling meal, or with a simple side salad for a lighter option. It's also a great dish to serve at a summer barbecue or beach party.